Jaguar Daimler DS420 Limo - Daimler Limousine DS420 Diagram

The Daimler Limousine DS420 was built between 1968 and 1992 by The Daimler Company Limited. Jaguar Cars bought the company in 1960. The Daimler DS420 was entirely a Jaguar product unlike its Daimler engineered predecessor, the Daimler DR450. The DS420 featured the 4.2L version of the Jaguar XK straight six engine and a 3-speed automatic transmission.

The DS420's body panels were manufactured by Motor Panels and the body assembled by Park Sheet Metals in Coventry. The final assembly was initially done at Vanden Plas Works in Kingsbury Lane, London. As from 1979, it was moved to Jaguar's Browns Lane site where it was literally hand-made by specialist craftsmen with average production at less than one car per day.

The Daimler Limousine DS420 was used extensively as an official state car in several countries and was equally popular with wedding hire businesses and funeral companies. About 4141 limousines were built and another 903 cars delivered to hearse manufacturers. The late Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother had four of these cars over the years while the British Royal Mews still have three Daimler DS420s in active service for Royal use on state occassions and for visiting dignitaries.

 

Contact Information

Myton Automotive
Unit 13 
Neilston Street Business Centre
Neilston Street
LEAMINGTON SPA
CV31 2AZ
United Kingdom

+44 (0) 1926 427375
support@mytonautomotive[.]com